Lawrence + 10: What's Next for LGBT Rights?
Friday, April 12, 2013
12:30 pm - 6:30 pm, Law Building - Room 1347
The Williams Institute 12th Annual Update Conference
See below for additional information.
Free and open to the public. RSVP required.
12th Annual Update: Lawrence + 10: What’s Next for LGBT Rights?
On the tenth anniversary of Lawrence v. Texas, this conference will discuss the Supreme Court arguments in the Prop 8 and DOMA cases, new directions in anti-discrimination law, and remaining issues involving criminal law prosecutions for consensual sexual activity.
Keynote Address by Michael Klarman, Harvard Law School, author of From the Closet to the Altar: Courts, Backlash and the Struggle for Same-Sex Marriage
- The Honorable Michael W. Fitzgerald, United States District Court, Central District of California
- The Honorable Monica M. Márquez, Colorado Supreme Court
- The Honorable Sabrina S. McKenna, Hawaii Supreme Court
- Kim Buchanan, USC Gould School of Law
- David Codell, The Williams Institute
- Iván Espinoza-Madrigal, Lambda Legal
- Cary Franklin, University of Texas School of Law
- Suzanne Goldberg, Columbia Law School
- Catherine Hanssens, The Center for HIV Law & Policy
- Mara Keisling, National Center for Transgender Equality
- Emily Martin, National Women’s Law Center
- Nancy Polikoff, American University Washington College of Law
- Russell Robinson, Berkeley Law
- Bianca D.M. Wilson, The Williams Institute
- Search by Keyword