Powell Music in the Rotunda: ensemble FRET
Friday, November 16, 2012
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Powell Building - Rotunda
Peter Yates, Director
See below for additional information.
Admission is free, but space is limited and reservations are required.
Reservations may be made online or by phone with your name and the number in the party to Catherine Brown at 310-206-4608.
ensemble FRET is a performance collective featuring music for fretted instruments: mandolin, guitar and arpeggione.
This concert is the first of several Fall evenings featuring both old and new music. The program will include:
- Five Sacred Arias by J.S. Bach performed by mezzo soprano Alexandra Grabarchuk
- guitar quartet Posada by composer Theodore Norman, in celebration of the centennial of this founder of the UCLA guitar program;
- quartet They Go on Mumbling composed by Buzz Gravelle and dedicated to the centenary of John Cage
- Cassation Trio by Joseph Haydn featuring mandolin, guitar and arpeggione
- lute solos by Giacomo Gorzanis and Luys de Narvaez.