Tuesday, October 22, 2013
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Ctr. - Tamkin Auditorium - Room B130
An Evening with UCLA Stem Cell Scientists
See below for additional information.
Free and open to the public. Seating is limited. Please RSVP by email to BSCRC@mednet.ucla.edu or by phone to 310.825.4958
"Transforming Medicine: An Evening with UCLA Stem Cell Scientists"
This important evening will highlight the developing therapeutic applications of stem cells and the accomplishments of the UCLA stem cell research community.
- Daniel Geschwind, MD, PhD (Director, Center for Autism Research and Treatment (CART); Professor, Neurology, Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences) "Autism: Disease in a Dish"
- Donald B. Kohn, MD (Director, UCLA Human Gene Medicine Program; Professor, MIMG/Pediatrics) "Sickle Cell Disease: Gene Therapy"
- Antoni Ribas, MD, PhD (Director, JCCC Tumor Immunology Program Area; Professor, Department of Medicine, Hematology/Oncology) "Cancer: Engineering Immunity"
- Owen Witte, MD (Director, Eli & Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Research at UCLA)
- Jonathan Thomas, PhD, JD (Chairman of the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine [CIRM])
- A. Eugene Washington, MD, MSc (Vice Chancellor, UCLA Health Sciences; Dean, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA)
Reception following program at 8.00PM
- Search by Keyword